
The machine used to cauterize my wound shut after the toenail was removed.

This time he opened up the windows and I had a beautiful view of the Cathedral across the street which helped me relax.
This past week I was in Rabat for our mid-service medical checkups to count how many parasites we all have. Just kidding. I went to the dentist (only one cavity due to the copious amounts of tea drunk), had a physical (all good-- even though my doctor answered his phone midway through the gentlemanly test and continued talking for 5 minutes while I sat there, exposed, in an awkward silence), and was tested for TB. I also had the joy of undergoing my minor foot surgery again because my large toenail was growing back into the skin-- this time, however, the 'specialist' removed the nail down to its root so hopefully it won't grow back into that same position (if it grows back at all). FUN! We also had the joy of delivering a steaming hot bag of stool sample to a not-so-nice lab technician with an awful comb-over. We're talking Bill Murray in Kingpin bad. My parasite test came back negative even though I'm 100% positive that at one point within the last month I have had a parasite, but I'll spare you those details. All in all it was a nice trip and I got to see all of my friends for the 1st time since June. Rabat is probably my favorite city in all of Morocco so it was nice to be able to chill out there and take in some of the sites, like Chellah.
More to come later, gotta go teach English!
No comments:
Post a Comment