1 year ago today I arrived on the African continent. Wow. It seems unreal to me that I've already been here for a year. Only when I look at pictures of Katie and Jack (niece and nephew) do I realize how long I've been gone (and how much I've missed). Friends are getting married and engaged, people are getting jobs and moving away, and the family is growing up and getting a little bit older. I like to think that my work here is worth missing out on all that is going on back home and I have to remind myself that I am still having wild experiences that not many people will ever have in their lifetime. (Even though when I get back I will most likely be living out of my parents' basement... Hell, I'm humble enough now)
Do I feel older? No. Do I feel a little bit wiser? Shwiya (a little), yes. Most importantly, would I give this up for anything else right now? Not for the world.
I guess that is that.
Now, for your enjoyment, we shall watch some fireworks because they remind me of home. Grand Haven to be exact. So sit back, and enjoy. (It gets really really good at the end, I promise)
The Fourth from Michael Brodner AKA Bones on Vimeo.
1 comment:
iyeh! tbarkala to all of us for makin it! wow what a trip, on a very bumpy road, but im glad to know you on it!
Post a Comment