
Me teaching some verbs through Charades

Me and Aziz, one of the Moroccan staffers

Our beautiful Spring Camp in Ben Sliman

Fellow PCV Gareth teaching English through hangman

My favorite palm in all of Morocco
Last week I was fortunate enough to teach English at a spring camp in Ben Sliman along with some other volunteers. In total we had around 50 students for the week long camp run in cooperation with the Moroccan Ministry of Education and Peace Corps. It was an amazing experience and I don't think I've ever had as much fun in this country! Not to mention our camp was nestled in a beautiful town and we worked alongside a stupendous Moroccan staff of counselors and leaders. We taught English in the mornings and led clubs in dance, leadership, SIDA (AIDS) education, and stereotypes. I co-led the dance club with another PCV, Mara, and we taught the students the Electric Slide as well as a dance we created inspired by the "Jai Ho" dance from Slumdog Millionaire since they like Bollywood movies over here. The kids loved it and caught on quickly to the Electric Slide and kept requesting to do it over and over and over again. I think I've done enough Electric Sliding for a lifetime now! Overall it was a great experience and I'm happy that I was able to be a part of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment