Of course the movie doesn't do my village justice, but it gives you a sense of my surroundings. Hope you like it! The video is of a few volunteers and I walking through the fields with some of our family members. Usually I go at dusk with my friend Abdelrafour and he teaches me new words while I teach him English. I had a cheeseburger and coke last night which was delicious even though it wasn't really a cheesburger as we know it in the U.S. More like beef patties in Moroccan bread. It's funny because I keep finding myself wanting to go back to my village and family and forget about the big city life and the normalcy of hanging out with other Americans. My family is in the process of building a new house and I helped put in a door frame, which basically consisted of us taking a pickax to the mud wall and making our own plaster and slopping it in around the frame. It was probably one of the coolest moments thus far and I want to go back and help some more. I also helped plow a field the other day with my uncle and brother. Who cares about Power Point presentations and administrative stuff-- I want to be back out there actually doing work and enjoying myself. I want to walk through the fields and pick fresh fruit, sit at a table and drink mint tea until I go into a diabetic shock, and eat amazing food and laugh with my host family at our funny ways in trying to communicate. Can you tell I really like my CBT site? The only cool part about being back in Oz is being able to communicate with all of you via the internet. I have a cell phone over here but it will cost you 50cents/min or possibly higher to talk to me and I can only take phone calls from 5PM-10PM my time or 1-6PM your time. If you want my number shoot me an E-mail :)
3 comments:
Very awesome. Some of you photos included in the film are so amazing. I am assuming they are sunset photos. I say that because although at times you had to be, you're not much of a morning person.
I had to show off your blog to a couple of friends. I was bragging about you. I can do that. I also referred to you as my bff.
So there. I pronounce it to the world! I love you. (did you see Super Bad? that's so you an me. and you're the fat one.)
Those pictures are awesome man. Looks like a lot of fun. That video is sweet to. Ya go ahead and send me an email with you new cell number because I would like to talk to U!! I'm going to bring back meals on wheels just for you this weekend bc we have a home game. I haven't drank at any of the tailgates thus far because I stopped drinking for a month after your going away party bc well you know why!!! But buddy scott and I have our first flag football game tonite so I'll talk to you later.
Love ya
Deats
Reedo--
Haha yeah most of them are sunset photos, although I have been getting up pretty early over here. Yeah I saw Super Bad with my Mom and Koz, very funny! How come I gotta be the fat one? Everybody knows I'm faster than you. And you like drawing pictures of... Well you know.
Post a Comment