We're now going to Fez tomorrow for our swearing in ceremony rather than on Thanksgiving, hamdullah! I mean, who wants to spend 10-12 hrs on a bus on Thanksgiving? We're meeting back up with the Youth Development volunteers which should be a good time. They have been there the last 3 months for training so they know all the cool spots to check out in the city so I am excited. I definitely want to check out the famous leather tanneries. I had my final language test today which went well I think. I stumbled a bit with conjugating the verbs, but overall I think I scored high. It is really amazing how much language you can absorb and learn within 3 months. I will be in Fez for the next few days so I'll let you all know how it is.
P.S. We just got our language test results back and I scored an 'intermediate middle' which is really good and I'm excited. The highest score was an intermediate high, the next step up, and that was for a Berber language. There were only a few Arabic speakers who reached the intermediate middle level so I guess I'm doing better than what I thought.
2 comments:
It's going to be hilarious when you get back here... We'll have to go to the engineering college and just casually sit near some arabic speakers and you can tell us what they are saying. Or if you go to a gas station and the clerk mumbles something in arabic about you and cherries and KY jelly and you can wink at him and let him know you fully understood what he said...
buddy, i miss you, but rest easy knowing that when you get back you will be able to tell me how to say "Goulet!" in arabic. p.s., e-mail me your address matthewallandennis@yahoo.com
Post a Comment