Thursday, March 6, 2008

I got more Mack than Craig




Yesterday I set a personal record for the amount of time spent talking to myself while I was making this video and doing other random things. I find myself walking into the different rooms of my house a lot and just standing there thinking about stuff I can do at night, but then talk myself out of actually doing them and move on to the next room. I pretty much do this for a good hour then either go work out or fiddle on my computer. I need books!!! So please send me any good ones you've read :)




I've been hanging on to this video for a while since I was in Fez in November for swearing in. In it you can see the famous leather tanneries which were an amazing sight even though we went on a somewhat rainy/overcast day. It was actually a blessing because when it is super sunny and hot the tanneries smell 100 times worse. When you go there the guides give you a few mint leaves to hold up to your nose because of the stench. They use a mixture of various natural substances to treat the leather and dye it including pigeon dung. Also in the video you can see the old Roman ruins overlooking the city.

5 comments:

The Charmed Collector said...

Kristian, funny you mentioned books because I was actually thinking of sending you a book or two, but wasn't sure if there's something specific you're interested in reading right now. I don't want to send you something you've read. Anyway, send me you address (emily.tanoury@gmail.com) and I'll try to send you a few things to help with the whole talking to yourself thing.

Reedo Burrito said...

Dude... the walking into rooms and talking yourself out of plans aloud is something I've done before. Yesterday in fact! I say talk to yourself all that you like. Just don't interrupt yourself because you can be a real dick sometimes.

Reedo Burrito said...

p.s. what's with the diagram of lovers?

Kristian said...

Reed--

Listen to the song "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson... You know the line that is repeated over and over, "Billie Jean is not my lover"? Now do you see how he/she(?) is not included in the 'Lovers' diagram, but Michael's previous wives and Mcauley is? Didn't think I would really have to explain this one, but I still love you

Reedo Burrito said...

I don't need your sass, Woods. I thought there was more depth to your diagram. I didn't know you only thought in such simple terms. Excuse me for having higher expectations for you. Hooker.