Today while I was eating lunch with my host family we were watching the World's Wildest Police Videos when a video came on of a semi truck losing control and flipping over in... Grand Rapids, MI. Pretty random. It was funny because I knew exactly where it was, right on 131 North on the last turn of the S-curve.
In other news I went to Marrakesh last weekend to meet up with some fellow PC friends. It was a great time and very fun, even though I spent a lot of money-- Hey, the pizza was well worth it. It had REAL cheese and pepperoni!!! I've become sort of the Kesh tour guide since I live so close and have been there a lot. We did a lot of shopping because, well it's probably my favorite thing to do while in Kesh-- going and talking to the shop keepers in Arabic and then they treat you like you're a celebrity. I also got Into the Wild and No Country for Old Men to watch some boring night. It's pretty crazy, I can get basically any movie on DVD for about $1.20 and 80% are DVD quality not just some dude in the movie theater with a camcorder. We also went to the grocery store and I bought some ketchup and outrageously expensive deodorant. I said ketchup because it's hard to find just like peanut butter (where's my dang package of Skippy DeGraaf?) and well, a lot of other stuff. Although I didn't feel like shelling out 30DH for a bag of Snickers. Oh yeah, we even went to McDonald's! Glorious cheeseburgers and french fries (Firefox is telling me that french should be capitalized by putting a little red line underneath it, but not in this blog buddy! The only thing that gets capital letters is the good old U.S. of A!)! I could feel the trans fat seep into my arteries and it reminded me of Michigan, bowling alleys, John Candy, and PBR for some reason-- but not necessarily in that order. Needless to say it has been a while since I've had greasy foods. All in all it was a great trip and fun to see some friends and speak English. I have found that whenever I go out and visit friends I end up losing my voice since I'm not used to speaking so much-- just means I need to speak more to my plants which I named after friends back home. Sorry Deaton, the cactus I named after you because of your once spiky hair and tenacity isn't doing so well. I probably just need to talk to cactus version of you more.
No comments:
Post a Comment