Friday, June 27, 2008

Hot

I don't think I've ever been so hot in my entire life. This has been the 3rd day of insane heat and my city has literally turned into a ghost town. I totally understand the concept of siesta now-- It's nearly impossible to do ANYTHING during the afternoon except sit and sweat. Even the breeze is hot-- it's like standing in front of an oven when you open the door, it hits you hard and you want to get out of the way except there's no place to go. There's no salvation in the wind, all it brings is dust and more heat. I can't even type anymore, it's too hot. Going to shower and try to cool down. How do people live like this?

Ask me when summer is over.

1 comment:

Justin De Graaf said...

Oh my god, I know what you're talking about. It's been like, 85-90 degrees here and the winds are coming in off the water so it's only like 10-15 degrees cooler in the shade and wind. It's miserable. I hate it. I bet you're glad you're not in Jersey.