Thursday, October 2, 2008
Eid al Fitur
Yesterday was Eid al Fitur which celebrates the end of Ramadan. I can eat and drink during the day now!! I'm actually sad to see Ramadan go since I really enjoyed it. Well, I enjoyed breaking the fast that is. I celebrated the holiday with my host family and drank my weight in tea and cookies. This now marks my second Eid Sghir (another name for the holiday) in Morocco. I still can't get over how fast this is all going! Before you know it I'll be back home for Christmas!! I'm thinking about taking a trip to Europe before my trip home but I'm still undecided as to where. At the top of my list is Normandy and Rome because of my love for history. Also on the list of things to do before going home is to climb Toubkal which is the highest mountain in N. Africa (13,671 ft which is less than half of Everest). I am tentatively scheduled to climb it the second weekend in October so that is coming up. Other than all that I'm still living and trying to follow the presidential race is closely as I can (if you haven't noticed).
No comments:
Post a Comment