Friday, January 18, 2008

Stevie Wonder's 10 Easy Steps to Learn English

Last night I went to my host brother's friend's friend's house because, "he can speak English". After speaking with him for 10 minutes it became apparently clear that he learned English by listening to Stevie Wonder songs. Good thing I know my Stevie Wonder song lyrics and caught on, otherwise I would have been a little weirded out. Our conversation went a little like this-- the Stevie references are italicized:

Friend: Hello, how are you doing?
Me: I'm good, how about you?
Friend: I just called to say I love you.
Me: What?
Friend: Do you like Morocco my cherrie amour?
Me: Um, yeah I like it very much.
Friend: That is good. For once in my life I am speaking English with an American!
Me: Ha, yeah you are
Friend: I apologize for my small house, I am just a simple man living for the city as you say in America
Me: Yeah, we don't really say...
(This is where he starts singing Superstition)
Me: Wow, you're a really good singer
Friend: Thanks I learned English through Stevie Wonder songs
Me: You don't say!

2 comments:

Reedo Burrito said...

Dude! I laughed so much reading this. How crazy funny is that?!?! Awesome.

Anonymous said...

this is hilarious and way too cute.