
More of the block script I like

This is what started my obsession with it-- found on the ramparts of Essaouira

More cafe lounging in Essa

Cute girl playing with dog

My favorite square in Essa

The ocean at Rabat

Surfers of Rabat

Kahawa nus-nus (1/2 coffee 1/2 milk)

Tea/journal/reading/relax. Life is easy in Rabat.

It was a little rainy in Rabat, but otherwise beautiful temperature wise
I've been traveling a lot for the past few weeks so I apologize for the lack of updates! First off, I went to Rabat to meet with my Peace Corps staff and to get some books from our library. I love Rabat and concluded that I could live there if needed-- although highly unlikely. I've totally adapted to the Moroccan/European act of spending entirely way too much time sipping away at coffee/tea at cafes and watching the world pass by. It was a very relaxing few days spent reading, working, and taking in the sites. I went down to the ocean for a few hours and watched the surfers catch some waves and contemplated joining them, which I would have, but decided it was a little late and only had about 2 more hours of sunlight. Mrra xura, inshallah (another time).
After Rabat I was home for a brief 2 days and then made my way down to the coastal town of Essaouira for some fun in the sun with some other volunteers. Since so many of our friends back home were on Spring Break we decided to call our adventure 'Spring Break 2009 Essa'! Again, it was more of a relaxing break spent hanging out at cafes and long walks and Frisbee playing at the beach-- not your typical debaucherous spring break. I always love going to the beach every chance I get because it reminds me of Lake Michigan and home :)
More to come later
No comments:
Post a Comment