Saturday, July 19, 2008

I Miss America Day

Today is a monthly 'I Miss America Day' for me. I used to have these days a lot more frequently, but lately they've only occurred once a month or so. If I were home right now I would go to the movie theaters to see The Dark Knight and order the most ridiculously sized (and priced) popcorn and soda known to man and gorge myself on it. Seriously, those popcorn buckets and sodas could feed my entire host family and I over here for lunch-- but I would enjoy one all to myself because I was in America! Then after watching the movie I would go to Wendy's for a quick bite (I would still be hungry since I was in America) off of their 99cent meal. God I hope it's still the 99cent meal and not the world food shortage/crazy oil transportation costs $2 menu by the time I get back! I think I would cry. Really. I would get the food to go and jump on the highway to visit the rest of the family up in lovely Pentwater, MI for some beach time! I would play in the water with Katie (niece) and build a sand castle with Jack (nephew) and then get ice cream to watch the sunset with the entire fam. The end.

Oh yeah! There would be ice in all of my drinks, everything would be cold (I'm tired of heat), there would be no random wild dogs running around, children wouldn't throw rocks at my house or each other, I would understand everybody around me (and they would understand me), and I could be myself totally and not worry about what people thought of me so much. It would be glorious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We talked about you a lot in Pentwater - you would have loved watching Katie jump in the waves (she never wanted to leave) and now Jack rides his big boy bike like a pro - can even use the brakes (instead of screaming and flailing his arms for help to stop!) Only one good sunset, but plenty of ice cream. Perhaps Mom can sneak a bag of popcorn on the plane... You are always in our thoughts. Love ya!