Today was the first time I've worn shorts in my community and you would have thought I was walking around naked with the amount of stares and random things said to me in french. I even had a whole group of women move to the opposite side of the road and stare at my legs like they've never seen a pair before. My host family even laughed at me when I walked in for lunch today, but they understand how hot it is for me and why I decided to bust out the shorts finally. I just decided that it's stupid to be miserably hot and I already pay enough attention to be culturally sensitive, so by God I'm going to wear shorts because I'm an American and that's what we do. Now if only I could find a hot dog to eat while I wear shorts, that's truly American! Guess I got the spirit of the 4th of July in me.
To America and the freedom of hot legs everywhere! To shorts!
2 comments:
You know damn well that it's not 4th of July unless we've got Johnsonville Cheddar Brats... and excessive amounts of fireworks exploding in your mom's flower garden and neighbors' yards!
Post a Comment